Summary of the project
What was the challenge the client was facing?
- Delays in delivery to the customer.
- Inability to forecast capacity of the facility therefore leading to poor productivity and efficiency.
- Poor quality control resulting in defects during production.
What was the approach that was used?
- The team created values stream maps of the production process.
- Identified bottlenecks in the production and areas of improvement.
- Collected production data for all stock keeping units (SKUs).
- Based on the data, the team created a bespoke planning tool that connects online sales orders database to production. This tool can forecast production of the different SKUs over a given day.
- Created a system to record all quality incidents during production.
- Introduction of tools to minimise time spend during resolution and ensure quick escalation for major incidents
What were the outcomes that were delivered?
- Reduction in lead time estimated 50% reduction on process time.
- Improved production planning of the factory.
- Increased productivity and efficiency.
- Quality incidents are recorded and are reviewed monthly to prevent re-occurrence.